Butcher of the Horde
Pro Tour Champion Patrick Chapin joins Resident Genius Michael J Flores for the second episode of Top Level Podcast!
In this episode the intrepid duo cover a variety of topics, both Butcher of the Horde-related and not-so-Butcher of the Horde-related.
In this episode…
- A style of deck design you might not know about but that has taken down multiple Pro Tours!
- Why it is important to play your lands in a particular order, and what to do when a card you draw might change your plan
- The exciting (but ultimately not-ready-for-prime-time) “All-Stars” deck by Tomoharu Saito
- The realization of Saito’s master plan by former Player of the Year Brad Nelson
- A discussion of some very good cards that are all relatively similar in power level… How do you pick between Crackling Doom, Hero’s Downfall, Banishing Light, and Utter End?
- Selecting cards on basis of mana cost versus mana curve
- The one thing that sets Butcher of the Horde ultimately on top of Sadisi, Brood Tyrant
Top Level Podcast is made possible by standing on the shoulders of giants. Patrick and Michael would like to thank…
- Kar Yung Tom of ManaDeprived
- Brian David-Marshall of Top 8 Magic
- Marshall Sutcliffe of Limited Resources
- Patrick’s mom (of being Patrick’s mom)
Episode 2: Butcher of the Horde is Overrated! (but still very good)