Dragonlord Silumgar is going to be a game-changer.
Before we dig into Dragonlord Silumgar and other dragons from Dragons of Tarkir, Patrick and Michael share some mail / email / social media questions, including…
- The availability of Next Level Deckbuilding!
- A winning mindset (or, what Pro Tour Qualifier Mike should attend)
- How good Whisperwood Elemental is versus Wingmate Roc in Abzan Aggro
… The answers might surprise you.
But for the next hour and a half our heroes peel back the scales of some of the preliminary Dragons of Tarkir spoilers, focusing on the dragon creatures, and one dragon in particular; an Elder Dragon, Dragonlord Silumgar.
Dragons of Tarkir?
“This set is aptly named.
“Do you know the set Dragon’s Maze is the first set in years with NO DRAGONS? There was one maze, though.
“Just don’t put the word ‘dragon’ in the name if there are no dragons.”
- Who is that dangling from Dragonlord Silumgar’s neck? Oh, it’s Tasigur, the Golden Fang! (ew) (“That is some wicked crazy stuff.”)
- Sunscorched Regent… Starts having a good rate at 6/5. “Put me down as ‘a skeptic.'”
- Thunderbreak Regent has a ton of competition… But is something the format actually wants
- Boltwing Marauder… Is not in the zip code of “powerful enough”.
- Pristine Skywise is basically the same cost as Elspeth, Sun’s Champion and Soul of Theros… Can it compete?
- Necromaster Dragon sure has an unwieldy text box (but is attractive to “people who are not us”)
- Deathbringer Regent was born to murder Hornet Queens. “This guy is definitely turned on at the sight of a Hornet Queen!”
Note: This podcast refers to Deathbringer Regent as “Deathbringer Dragonlord” and “Dragonlord’s Reaper” due to an imperfect translation. Consider this note a correction.
What are you waiting for? Give a listen to “(Elder Dragon) Dragonlord Silumgar & More Dragons of Tarkir” now!
Want to hear more from these guys?
Patrick’s Magic: The Gathering Books
Michael’s Magic: The Gathering Books