As if simple obliteration were not enough…
Top Level Podcast is proud to present Infinite Obliteration — our exclusive preview from Magic Origins!
For those of you who are used to visiting Top Level Podcast on Thursdays only… This week is a bonus.
For those of you who are visiting us the first time this week (to see our cool exclusive preview Infinite Obliteration)… Welcome! You can read some of our thoughts (largely curated from our podcast) here… But we’d really love it if you gave the podcast a listen. We are happy you are visiting and hope you enjoy your first experience with Top Level Podcast.
“You know what might be obliterated by this card? … Decks that have four Ojutais to win.”
- Can shut off every road to victory in an Esper Dragons deck
- Takes advantage of an early game Silumgar’s Scorn or Foul-Tongue Invocation (the opponent tells you what’s in his hand)
- Blunts the card advantage of Den Protector or Deathmist Raptor (because it can exile cards from the opponent’s graveyard, cutting off recursion)
- Combines nicely with the BBB Spell Mastery trigger on Dark Petition (making for a tight toolbox “one-card combo”)
- Comes out ahead of / pre-empts most of Standard’s big threats (because of its relatively cheap cost)
- Really takes the wind out of a Siege Rhino deck’s sails
- … And lots more we haven’t thought of yet!
Top Level Podcast is:
- Patrick Chapin – “The Innovator”; author of Next Level Magic and Next Level Deckbuilding; member of the Magic: The Gathering Pro Tour Hall of Fame and winner of Pro Tour Journey Into Nyx.
- Michael J Flores – The Resident Genius; noted writer and deck designer; author of Deckade and The Official Miser’s Guide.
Top Level Podcast is a competitive Magic: The Gathering podcast, generally focused on Standard and other tournament-relevant Constructed formats. We publish our podcast every Thursday. If you like what you see (and hear) on this visit, we invite you to come back next week, or subscribe.