Feasting Troll King is Finally a Winning Strategy in Standard!
“Three eggs is not much of a feast.”
… But it’s very topical!
We hope you feasted this week 😉
Feasting Troll King is at the top end of a Mono-Green deck that has many of the same trappings we’ve seen already… Lovestruck Beast… The Great Henge… But it rules the mid-game with Trail of Crumbs and the Food tokens from Gilded Goose.
Along for the ride will be several other Food cards, like Witch’s Oven, Trail of Crumbs, and Wicked Wolf.
Green Deck Battle! Mono-Green or Gruul Aggro?
After a little thought, Mike switched his allegiance from Mono-Green to Gruul heads up. Why?
- The mana is just too good. A nice array of Modal Double-Faced lands give Gruul great flexibility over Mono-Green, with relatively low deck building costs.
- Gruul has most of the good tools from Mono-Green. Down to The Great Henge.
- But really? It’s Embercleave! The creature selection in Gruul shows a powerful upgrade over the 1/1 creatures of Mono-Red.
So Many Copies of Mazemind Tome
(or at least lots of places)
- Blink it with Yorion!
- Smooth out your mana early
- Grab a few life points
- Play two, side in the other two
- Bring it in with some Duress to handle Control decks. Actually… It’s a little more nuanced than that.
… All this and lots more!
Listen now to hear us pick apart Abzan Midrange and heap praise on the new dominant player in the metagame: Dimir Control